Minimum Requirements of The King’s 8th Recruit:
- Minimum Age 18 Years
- Reasonably Physically Fit
- Able to March 1 Mile or More
- Have Your Own Transportation
- Have Several Weekends Free
- Enjoy 18th Century Culture
- Enjoy Encampments & Forts
- Taking the Shilling (below)
Becoming a Member
For new members there are a few necessary steps:
- Attend a meeting. Note: YOU ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND A MAXIMUM OF THREE ( 3 ) OF OUR MEETINGS BEFORE PAYING DUES TO DECIDE IF YOU WISH TO JOIN OUR GROUP.
- Complete a membership application at one of the meetings. After review and upon acceptance, you will be added to our roster as an Applicant Member.
- Take the shilling (pay dues) to become an Applicant Member!
- Applicant Members are then eligible to become a Full Member after a minimum of one year of membership, after a minimum kit assembly is completed, and after a completed level of participation in unit events.
Taking the Shilling (Dues)
What Does Taking The Shilling Mean?
It means sending in your dues each year.
Dues are not the only lifeblood of an organization but are extremely important in its operation. Our annual dues are modest and primarily provide for the payment of insurance and other necessary costs. Our dues are not profit based.
Pay Dues via Check/Money Order
Dues are $35 per annum per member (no family memberships), with a $35 payment required for potential recruits to start the application process. At this time, we only take checks and money orders, so please:
- Make Checks Payable to: “King’s 8th Regiment”
- Remit to: King’s 8th, PO Box 901, Northville, Michigan 48167